Sunday, July 18, 2010

Mexico blog part 2

What a great day! We left this morning at 7 a.m. for Acapulco, and arrived a few hours later. I almost forgot how crazy the drives are in central America, with the winding roads through the mountains, one lane roads, and reckless drivers! However, by God´s grace, we arrived! We were able to go to the beach for several hours, where we got quite a bit of sun. I am taken aback by the natural beauty of the coast, as well as the powerful waves we rode on in the ocean! My dear friend Esme and I mentioned to each other how we could not fathom the power of natural disasters such as typhoons, hurricanes, or tropical storms. The littlest waves swept us off our feet: what an experience to make you feel so small and helpless! It was just another little reminder of the unfathomable power of God and how His sovereign hands ordain each and every wave.

My spanish is so terrible, yet everyone is very patient with me. I am thankful for this experience, and I am hoping that, when I get back home, I will be more patient with people, especially at work, who speak little or no english. Learning a second language is not an easy thing to do. It makes interacting with our traveling companions very difficult, but I am hoping that I will get braver in trying my spanish so I can build relationships with Esme´s family. As God is gracious, it will get better. I am still having a great time here, and I feel so blessed to be able to take a break from American life to spend time with my dear friend and her family in one of the most beloved places in the world to me. God is beyond kind and generous.

For those of you praying for us, thank you for your prayers! Continue praying for opportunities to make much of the name of Christ in what we say and do!

No comments: