Monday, July 19, 2010

I went to visit a friend who is in a nursing home due to an injury. Its a pretty nice place, as far as nursing homes go, but because of her injury she is in pain and stays in her room most of the time.

She is older and due to her injury she will most likely need constant care and help even after she has healed up enough to get out of the nursing home. She told me that she doesn't have any dreams left, nothing to look forward to. I feel very sad for her.

While I was reading in Job lately, I came across a verse where Job was feeling the same way my friend does. Job 17:11 says "My days are past, my plans are torn apart, even the wishes of my heart". He also felt like his circumstances would never change and he would never be happy again.

Job's story does have a happy ending. God blessed him with much more than he lost. I'm not sure how things will work out for my friend but, I know for sure that whatever happens it has been allowed by God, that it is for her best, and God will never leave her nor forsake her.

I have learned first hand that when bad things happen and God seems far away, we need to run to Him, not away from Him. We need to keep our eyes on Jesus and persevere to the end. We need to read His promises in the Bible and put our trust in His words. His words are true and trustworthy.

1 comment: