Thursday, July 8, 2010

Alive Again - Matt Maher

I posted the lyrics to Shout to the King, a song on the CD Alive Again by Matt Maher last week. This is a really good album; I literally have not been able to take it out of the cd player in my car for the past 3 weeks now. Remembering that I spend a minimum of two hours every day in my car, that is a lot of listening!

Alive Again is not a cd that I liked immediately. I bought it because I LOVED one of the tracks and didn't mind paying the $12 cost of the cd to get that one song. (I can hear all my married friends snickering at that one!) It just so happens that this song was the second to last on the album so I listened to most of the cd before arriving at that song and I have to say, I was not impressed.

A few weeks later, however, I put the cd back in the player because I was starting to feel guilty about the $12....and completely fell in love with it.

The lyrics of the songs are fantastic. They are theologically sound and well written with several phrases so well worded that I get shivers down my spine even after the 1000th time hearing them sung. I also love that a couple of the songs are incredibly missionally focused. I'm posting the lyrics of my favorite of these tomorrow :)

The music is, for the most part, awesome. I will be honest and say that there are two songs where, although they are theoligcally sound lyrically, the music just kind of drags for me. But the music for the other ten are outstanding.

I would HIGHLY recommend this CD to anyone who enjoys listening to Christian music. Matt Maher has quite a few CDs out and I am excited to pick up a few more. If they are even half as good as this one they will be spiritually uplifting, preaching truth and joy in our Father.

No comments: