Monday, December 14, 2009

When life gets in the way

 

Have you ever let "life" get in the way with your relationship with God?  Do you ever cut down on your Bible reading and study because you have to be somewhere at a specific time?  Have you ever been so busy that you did not take time to pray?

Recently, God showed me that I gave into the world and left Him "on the shelf".  I was so busy that I cut my Bible reading down because I needed to be somewhere on time. I was not spending time in prayer, just a "help me Lord" every once and awhile.  I started to feel really down, as if I lost my best friend.

Sometimes I think that since God is not here with me right now, in the flesh, that He will not mind if I "just take care of this" and then get back to Him when I have time.  This is wrong, of course.  He is actually to take first place in our lives.

I thought about how I would have no life if God had not created me.  I thought about how He sent Jesus to die in my place so I could have a relationship with Him.  It made me sad to think about how I basically told God that He was not worth my time.  That must have hurt Him too. 

I think that we need to give God our prime time, not our leftover time.  There is nothing more important than our relationship with Him.  One day our life will end, and things will not matter any more.  All that really matters in the long run is whether you have a saving relationship with God.

I heard a saying once that said: 'I have so much to do today that I don't have time to pray. But, then I realized that I have so much to do today I need to pray.'

I think we should make it a point to give God your best

 
 

 


1 comment:

Betsy Aldrich said...

Awesome post Karen! A very timely reminder during a very hectic time of year!