Monday, December 28, 2009

Thoughts for a New Year

 


In a few days 2009 will be over and 2010 will begin.  I never know how to respond to this change of year.  In one way, I want to hold on to things from the old year but in another way, I want to look forward to what lies ahead.

I usually don't make New Year's Resolutions either.  As I have learned over the past few years, one never knows what the future holds.  Will it be a good year?  Will it be a hard year?  But one thing that I do know is that God is on His throne!  I may not know what the future holds for me, but I can know for sure that God promises to take care of me.  I just need to put my trust in Him.

There is a song that is popular on Christian radio right now by the Sidewalk Prophets.  The song's refrain has stuck in my mind and I plan to take their advice as I start a new year.

Be strong in the Lord. And never give up hope.  You're gonna do great things. I already know God's got His hands on you, so don't live life in fear. Forgive and forget but don't forget why you're here.  Take your time and pray and thank God for each day.

I hope you take these words to heart also. 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments: