Thursday, December 3, 2009

Creation Sings the Father's Song


Creation sings the Father's song;
He calls the sun to wake the dawn
And run the course of day
Till evening comes in crimson rays.
His fingerprints in flakes of snow,
His breath upon this spinning globe,
He charts the eagle's flight;
Commands the newborn baby's cry.

Hallelujah! Let all creation stand and sing, "Hallelujah!" Fill the earth with songs of worship; Tell the wonders of creation's King.

Creation gazed upon His face;
The ageless One in time's embrace
Unveiled the Father's plan
Of reconciling God and man.
A second Adam walked the earth,
Whose blameless life would break the curse,
Whose death would set us free
To live with Him eternally.

Creation longs for His return,
When Christ shall reign upon the earth;
The bitter wars that rage
Are birth pains of a coming age.
When He renews the land and sky,
All heaven will sing and earth reply
With one resplendent theme:
The glory of our God and King!


I've mentioned in past posts the joy I experienced driving to school in the morning and passing the lake each day. I marveled at how differently it looked day to day, at the impossible variety. My eyes would search the bend in the road, anticipating the moment when I would have curved around just enough that the vast expanse of varying blues would stretch across my vision. And when it did, I felt compelled to praise the Lord. My justified heart would rise on its own accord and glorify the Creator.

Today, I no longer make that drive to school each day. Instead, I wake up while it is still dark and set out for Milwaukee. And I've discovered a new beauty - the sunrise. It was a gift I never expected to experience as I am by no means a morning person in any way. The sunrise is impossible to accurately describe. Words fail me at the thought of its intrinsic majesty. Creating singing out "Hallelujah" in worship to the Lord. Creation beaming in utter contentment in its Sustainer. Creation crying for the King to return and release it from the warped chains of sin. Creation glorifying the Creator.

Creation's automatic response of glorifying God often becomes a call to worship for me. What are some of the ways that creation calls your mind to the Creator?

No comments: