Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Truths to Remember

The ladies at Temple Baptist just met on Saturday to discuss the book, Lies Women Believe And The Truth That Sets Them Free, by Nancy Leigh DeMoss. I thought we had fruitful discussions and I greatly appreciated hearing various perspectives, confessions and insights. This is a book I know I will be referring to a lot in my life and it sounds like many other ladies are thinking of it as a long term resource as well.

One thing that Nancy Leigh Demoss recommended was memorizing truths that she sets forth in the book to battle the lie that you are believing. I find it very helpful that she summarizes them all in the last chapter of her book. There are many convicting things for me in this book, but as I sat there listening to the discussion on Saturday and was meditating on my week; two truths stuck out to me that I know I need to meditate on more. They are basic as basic can be, but I need to go back to them right now.

These are the two that I am meditating on:

God is good. (Psalm 119:68; 136:1) The Truth is, regardless of the circumstances, regardless of what we feel, regardless of what we think, God is good, and everything He does is good.

God is enough. (Psalm 23:1) "The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want". Nancy writes: You have probably known that verse since you were a small child. But do you believe it? Do you really believe that He is your shepherd? The Truth is, if we have Him, we have everything we need for our present peace and happiness.

No comments: