Tuesday, September 2, 2008

A Summer to Remember

This summer has been filled with change and memories made. For one thing this blog has almost made it through the summer. It started May 5th and has been an interesting and consistent part of my whole summer, I have truly enjoyed sharing thoughts and memories with my fellow bloggers, Esme, Betsy and Nichole, and reading their thoughts and memories.

My kids and I have played lots and lots of baseball after doing school out in the gazebo.

I have had the best time with the Henry girls. I have gotten to know Rebekah and Lydia a little better and spent a great deal of time with Nichole... which is always time well spent.

We have had play dates with cousins and friends.

Silas has shot up and is growing into a little boy and not a baby right before my very eyes.

We have had the pleasure of meeting Sidney Nicole Aldrich and Benjamin Arthur Cady, who have by the way, renewed my children's desire for another sibling.

My sister came to Christ this Summer and has thrived in her small group and is growing as she has been devouring the Word of God; truly a highlight for me.

This Summer has been a time of watching God give grace and strength as we as a family adjust to a new life and schedule. Life has been exhausting this Summer but very, very good! And despite Rick's whacked out schedule he has still found time to fulfill some "duties" around the house, because I just found out I am pregnant! That's right, number 5! Pastor Matt already thinks we have 5 so he won't even notice the family growing, but we sure will. Lord willing, there will be another Aldrich in 9 months- scary!

This truly is a Summer to remember!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! And congrats!

Kendal said...

Congratulations!!! That is very exciting!

Anonymous said...

Girl, another one...? I can say that now...haha!! You know I'm just kidding! Seriously, I'm really happy for your family and I'm praying for a healthy baby and a smooth pregnancy! Love, Esme

Anonymous said...

Congratulations ... but then, I kinda suspected ... hmmmm. Praying that everything goes well!

Anonymous said...

alright so there is definitely something in the water. what is your due date? i dont know if myparents told people yet, but im due for another one in april. im excited for you. i was just reading your xanga a couple minutes ago and said to caleb, "i cant believe how much their family has grown"
anyway so do you like how everyone is only commenting on this one thing you said at the end of your post? lol

Anonymous said...

Katie, it is probably the only thing that stands out.

Congrats to you, girl! I am so happy for you. It looks like you, me and Christie are going to have babies one right after the other in April. I don't have an exact due date yet, but end of April... possibly early May is my guess.

How are you feeling? I swear I'm going to be half the woman I am now by the weekend! :)

Anonymous said...

Aww,sorry,Jaz-I was hoping maybe you wouldn't be so sick this time! But congratulations! You know what I always say about keeping those Aldrich's coming into my Sunday School class--thanks!!!! :)

Brittany said...

Congratulations to you guys! Three due in April- that is just plain crazy! I have to request this one to come on my birthday though- April 30th- so that Nichole and I can both have one. It is only fair.
No, seriously, it is really exciting that number 5 is coming. We'll be praying that you'll start feeling better, and that everything with the baby will go well.
Love ya.

Becky said...

Congrats Jaz. I am so happy for you and Rick. We talked about if you guys were going to have anymore and see what happens.... lol.... Do you have a MAX determined? 5 kids.... wow! not much more to say about that! I will pray that you feel better soon and that the pregancy goes well. You are still young! young enough to have even more!