Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Listen to Jesus

It is more important to listen to Jesus than to build something. It is the most important thing in our lives- more important than what we accomplish for Him. Out of that intimacy with Him may come things for Him, but it is more important to hear God's voice and obey Him than to do great things for Him. ~ excerpt from One with a Shepherd- the Tears and Triumphs of a Ministry Marriage

I must remember that spending time sitting at my Lord and Saviors feet is imperative so that I do not grow proud or weary, but rather humble and joyous in ministry.

Whether you are working full time,a busy college student, work three jobs and finishing your Master's, looking for work, young mother of 4 children with one on the way ( stealing all energy and nutrition quite violently from your body), empty nester... whatever, we need to spend time sitting at Jesus' feet taking in His word! That is what I need! For those who feel overwhelmed; like sometimes I do, maybe this chapter from Don Whitney's book, Simplify Your Spiritual Life might help. Don't worry, it's short, sweet and to the point.

Apart from Him I can do nothing! He uses the weak and foolish in this world to the praise of His glorious grace.

Oh, lovely, beautiful Jesus I come to you seeking daily grace, daily strength in my weakness, so that Your great compassion, love and mercy be displayed for all to adore. Amen!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for these encouraging words. They speak volumes to me as I struggle to become more of a Mary than a Martha. We think we need to be so busy about our Father's business, but what blessing and joy He lavishes on us when we just sit at His feet and behold Him. "Oh that will be glory for me, glory for me, glory for me, When by His grace I shall look on His face, that will be glory, be glory for me." AMEN!