Monday, September 29, 2008

Jesus Has Overcome

"These things I have spoken to you so that in Me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation, but take courage; I have overcome the world." John 16:33

Many of the ladies I have spoken with recently are undergoing many trials in their lives. I too have been struggling of late, and I when I came across this verse last week it encouraged me greatly.
Jesus is speaking to his disciples in this passage. It is coming close to the time of His death, and He knows what will follow for his disciples. To encourage them and give them peace, He tells them, "I have overcome the world." What a beautiful word from our Lord.
So the next time we think that we have found something we cannot handle or the next time you have to clean up after our kids again, or the next time your husband does something crazy - we will remember this verse. Yes, right now we live in the world, but we can take comfort in knowing that we are not of the world and, even more, we serve a Lord who has overcome this world. So take courage ladies, at the start of a new week. Find peace and comfort in knowing that dishes and diapers and demanding jobs are only for now. "...Take courage; I have overcome the world."

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Such a beautiful verse and thought to start the week out with. Great post, Nichole.

Anonymous said...

Amen! And thank you for the reminder. Nichole

Betsy Aldrich said...

Very encouraging... along those same lines: there is a verse that I'm meditating on this week. Psalm 118:8 says "It is better to take refuge in the Lord than to trust in men".