Monday, September 15, 2008

Blessings From God

Saturday was a bad day for me. I had been up late the night before studying so that I would be able to go to the ladies' book study Saturday morning. After the book study, I headed home to change for work. When I was almost home, a guy drove up next to me and told me that I had a flat tire. Sure enough, when I got home the front left tire was flat. Work Saturday night was a real trial and by the time I got off, I honestly just wanted the day to end.
When I got home from work, my dad asked me how my day was. By this point I was exhausted, my body was aching, and my throat was raw. I basically told him that my day was devoid of any good thing. Unfortunately for me, he had just finished working on his sermon and immediately launched into all these blessings that God has given us and how in the world could I say that nothing good happened all day??
I wasn't in the right state of mind to agree with him right then (although for the sake of not talking about it, I agreed outwardly) but his words stayed with me the rest of the evening, and into the next morning.
We truly do have much to be thankful for. There are some generic things that all Christians can be thankful for: SALVATION, prayer, God's forgiveness and faithfulness...the list could go on and on! And, even though its sometimes hard to think of them amidst trials, we each have many personal things to be thankful for.
Take time to dwell on your blessings - especially when things aren't going very well. God has been very gracious to each and every one of us and it is important for us to remember this. Don't let sin and every day life get in the way.

No comments: