Thursday, May 8, 2008

Meet...Esme


My name is Esme (short for Esmeralda) Randle and I’m from the South…Mexico. I was born and raised there until I was 15 years old. I’ve lived in the States as long as I lived in my native country (so you do the math). As I look back, I can see how the Lord not only brought me here but prepared me to hear and receive the gospel. The Lord used many faithful Christian people to convict me that my sin separated me from God and ultimately believed that Jesus is Lord and that He paid for my sin on the Cross. My husband (Jon) was one of those faithful Christians God put into my path to show me “the Way...”. We got married shortly after I became a believer. Eight years of marriage and four boys (all 4 years and under) later, I still marvel at the mighty hand of God in my life. He has blessed us with a very sound church (Temple Baptist) where we’ve been blessed to serve for the past six years. We love our church family and we pray that the Lord will continue to grow us and mature us in our faith.

My husband and I are quite different in character, but, as he says, “that’s what keeps it interesting…”. Nothing has brought our differences to light more than raising our four sons. But when my patience is lacking and my strength is low, his grace and sense of humor help me to get through unproductive days or when illness strikes our home. So I guess our differences more often than not bring us together and it is only by God’s grace that we can become one.

I follow politics (and yes, my husband could not care less!) probably as much as many people follow their favorite sport. I like to keep informed even though I have to weed through all that they throw at us.

That's it for me now…us girls also have different personalities and interests and it will show as we write. Hopefully you will come along with us as we grow in our lives and delight in our Lord Jesus Christ.