Monday, November 2, 2009

Trust

 

I got a book this past week that lists God's Bible promises by topic.  I am finding it uplifting to read God's promises and hear that He loves us and wants what is best for us at all times.
 
Under the topic of Trust there are some really great promises.  I especially like the one listed in Psalm 46:1-2:  " God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.  Therefore, will not we fear, though the earth be removed, and though the mountains be carried into the midst of the sea"
 
This past week, I have been again fearful of what appears to be going on in our world.  But, this is the wrong response to everything being in chaos (seemingly).  God is still sovereign and on His throne!  I am not to fear even when things seem out of control (the earth be moved and the mountains thrown into the sea). I am to look only to the Lord and know that this is all part of His plan and He will bring me to Heaven with Him forever.
 
Instead of being fearful, I think I should instead be excited that my deliverance is near!!  I should be excited that God is working and someday every knee will bow and every tongue will confess that Jesus is Lord!!!
 
Praise the Lord!!  Come Lord Jesus!!!

No comments: