Monday, November 16, 2009

Nothing is too difficult for God

 

While reading through Jeremiah, I came across a very interesting story
 
In Chapter 36, Jeremiah was instructed by God to write on a scroll all of the things He had spoken concerning Israel, Judah and all of the nations from the day God first spoke to him up until that particular day. So, Jeremiah dictated to a man named Baruch, all of God's words and he then recorded them onto the scroll.  Baruch then was told by Jeremiah to read the message on the scroll to the people in the Temple.
 
So, he read it and some of the people that heard what was said got upset and went to the King.  The message was, after all, concerning God's coming judgment and their upcoming captivity in Babylon; not good news.  The King told them to bring Baruch to him along with the scroll.  When Baruch was brought before the King, he asked him to read it and that made him unhappy. The King was not afraid of God so he decided to burn the scroll.  He then sent some men to seize Baruch and Jeremiah. 
 
Here is the interesting part.  Verse 26 says: And the King commanded Jerahmeel the King's son, Seraiah the son of Azriel, and Shelemiah the son of Abdeel to sieze Baruch the scribe and Jeremiah the prophet, but the Lord hid them.  Isn't it interesting that God Himself caused the men looking for Baruch and Jeremiah not to find them?  I wonder how God accomplished that?  Did He make them invisible?  Did He blind those men's eyes in a way that even though Baruch and Jeremiah were right in front of them they were unable to see them?
 
When I think of this story, I am reminded that nothing is to difficult for God.  He is soverignly in control of everything and can cause anything He wants to happen to happen.  Sometimes when I have problems they seem so big, so difficult or will cause me to have to go through a lot of "red tape" and I feel like it is hopeless.  But then I remember to ask the Lord for help and lean on Him and He helps me through every time.  Sometimes He just allows things to sort themselves out, sometimes He will give me wisdom to solve the problem, but there have also been times in my life where it was evident that God handled the problem for me. 
 
I am so thankful that God loves me and takes care of me.  He wants us to bring our troubles to Him.  I have learned that keeping problems to myself so that I can handle them just makes me upset.  When I bring them to the Lord, I can leave them at His feet and know that He will help.  It causes peace in my heart rather than fear or anger.  I urge you to bring all of your problems before the throne of God and ask Him for help.  He is faithful and will get you through.

No comments: