Monday, March 22, 2010

Yesterday I read a saying: "The really happy person is one who can enjoy the scenery while on a detour."

I thought about that statement and realized that it is actually very true. I used to allow myself to get frustrated and angry whenever things didn't work out the way I thought they should. I used to say that if anything can go wrong in any situation, it would certainly happen to me. And often times it did.

One day a long time ago, I heard the song by Amy Grant: Angels Watching Over Me. The song says that we are protected by angels at times in our lives such as when a reckless car runs out of gas before it could cause an accident. I have heard stories about how people had to stop for a red light when they were late and being all upset about it until they see that some kind of accident has happened ahead and realized that if they had made the light, it would have been their car that would have been involved in an accident.

I have personally had times where the phone rang just as I was heading out the door and if I had not taken the time to answer it, I would have been hurt or killed. My husband had a situation where a slow car was ahead of him on his way to work and had he passed the car, he would have been involved in a deer vs. car incident.

So, my point is; don't be so uptight when your life is put on a "detour". It could be God intervening to save you from something. Nothing happens by chance. God is in charge and on His throne. If nothing else, it will lessen the stress in our already overstressed lives.

No comments: