Thursday, August 26, 2010

Hello Everybody!

Hello everybody! It has been a while since I last sat at the computer and let my fingers go wild on the keyboard typing away thoughts, quotes, family news, or books reviews. My fellow bloggers were very gracious and allowed for me to take a nice long break. Life has been filled with....well....life. Go figure. Five kids, a husband, Bible study, tears and laughter over coffee, late night talks with wonderful friends whom I care deeply about, walks around the lake, hurting after Tuesday night Hip Hop class, planning for the school year, organizing the house, praying earnestly for God's provision and for our future - it's been quite the summer.

I have not accomplished even half of what I desired to this summer, but good has come of it none the less.

Not as much baseball has been played in the yard as in summers past because the mosquitoes have done their best to chase us back in the house day or night, but the weather has improved as of late and we are trying to make up for lost time.


Some young ladies I had been meeting with individually came together as one group and we have learned much about one another and a deep affection has formed between us as we look at the word together and talk about our lives. I count this summer as being one of the most blessed because of what God is doing through and teaching me in these particular relationships.

I believe firmly that I am benefiting from taking a closer look at Ephesians as a few of us are going through a study called: By His Wounds You Are Healed by Wendy Alsup. It is never a bad thing to think deeply and frequently about the lavish grace that God bestows on us in His beloved Son.

I have also felt conviction from our most recent sermon series at MDF on the Spiritual Discipline of Self-Control. I have been contemplating my relationship with my husband, whom I love greatly and have much respect for, but realized that I am not as purposeful in enjoying him and cultivating affection as I should or could be. I tend to live like I can work on that tomorrow and in doing so show that I expect tomorrow to be there even though the words "Lord willing" would roll freely from my tongue. So almost 11 years later I am determined to live with my husband like I know tomorrow is not promised, and enjoy the unity and care in that relationship as gracious gift from my Father. I am determined not to put off my most important earthly relationship until tomorrow. We have a really stable and great marriage, but I need to stop treating it like a task to accomplish. It will do greater good for the sake of the Gospel if I treat it like a relationship.

I have read some of my book list, but have not read all of it, so I better get busy because I am not moving on until I have conquered the list... at least that is my plan, we shall see what God's plans are.

The weather is suppose to be very nice, if the Lord wills, so I plan on taking advantage of it through picnics, playing, and taking walks, and reading stories on the swing set with my children.


So that is about all I have to say for the moment about myself. How have you all been this Summer?

1 comment:

Kim Henry said...

Jaz, I am comforted by the fact the CJ Mahaney says that only God finishes His to do list each day!

I also can relate regarding time with my husband. I continue to have to pull back and remember that he and my children are my 1st responsibility before the Lord. Apparently I will have to struggle with this FOREVER. I was taught well but I have to periodically remind myself what I was taught and have to pull back my life to bring it into submission to our Lord. I am thankful that our Father very graciously continues to show me when it is time to do this.

Thank you and all the True Women writers for faithfully ministering to our ladies year after year.

Kim Henry