Monday, August 2, 2010

An afternoon with my Grandson

My daughter-in-law has been in town with my grandchildren while my Son is in California training with his squadron. It is so good to see them! Both of them have really grown since I saw them last. My grandson, who is 3 years old, has started talking more and he has become a real character.

One day while they were visiting at our house, we had been sitting in the recliners in the sunroom watching Alvin and the Chipmunks and Austin kept wanting to go behind the recliners and peek through the space between them. His mom asked him not to do that several times. She needed to leave the room for a few minutes to take care of my baby granddaughter, Ashley. He immediately went behind the chairs and whispered to me "is she back yet?" Just like most other kids, he figured he could disobey and as long as his mom didn't see it, he was in the clear.

I told him that even if his mom didn't see him disobeying her that God still saw. I don't think he had ever realized it before.

I think that adults think the same way sometimes. We forget that God sees everything. Its a sobering thought.

I challenge you to remember that God is always watching as you go through your day. Would He be proud of you or disappointed?

No comments: