Monday, June 15, 2009


I saw this saying on a calendar:  God is on His throne, all is right with the world.
 
 
Lately I have been upset by what is going on in the world and in the US.  I have been feeling insecure, like everything is spinning out of control.  But when I read this saying, it stopped me right in my tracks.  I asked myself why I was feeling upset?.  Why was I worried?  Why did everything seem on the verge of collapse?
 
I realized that I had forgotten who was in charge.  God is definitely on His throne and has everything under His complete control.  None of the problems in Iraq, Afghanistan, Iran and North Korea are a surprise to Him.  The world's financial troubles are just as He has ordained.
 
I think we have to remember when things happen in our world and in our lives it is just as He wants it to happen. As Christians, I think we need to keep our eyes on the Lord no matter what is going on around us.  He is our anchor.  He is our provider. And nothing can happen in this world that is not under His supreme control.
 
 Things look pretty glim right now on the world scene but who or what are we trusting in?  Our trust should not be in our 401K's, retirement accounts and other earthly riches.  It should be in our sovereign God.  We should not fear men; instead we are told to fear God.
 
 



No comments: