Monday, May 3, 2010

Use your spiritual gifts and introduction of our trivia contest

Good morning everyone!

This week marks the second anniversary of our True Woman blog. Boy has time flied by. To celebrate this milestone, we are having a trivia contest along with our normal entries this week. Whoever has the most correct answers at the end of this week, will win a very nice prize!!! (because of cost restraints, we can only award a prize to members of the Missio Dei Fellowship) In case of a tie, we will have some kind of "tie breaker".

So, please read the blog entry and trivia question and if you know the answer, click on "Comments" at the bottom of the page and give it your best shot. Please make sure that you enter your name before you click send so we know who's answer is who's. If you would like to leave a comment about the blog entry, please do that as well.

We hope that you enjoy our blog and continue to check in each day during the contest and after the contest.

So, put on your thinking caps....

I read a good saying by Henry van Dyke this week. He says "Use what talents you possess: The forest would be very silent if no birds sang there except those that sang best". That is so true. God has given us all spiritual gifts to use to bring glory to Him. We just need to step out in faith and use them.

I encourage you to ask God where He would like you to use your gift for Him. If you are open and watching for opportunities, I believe that He will show you. I have found that it is very rewarding to use my gifts in service to the Lord. I think you will too.

And now the moment you have been waiting for....(drum roll)....

Can you name the 12 apostles? Who replaced the one who betrayed Jesus?

Good luck!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sherri Stocker
Peter
James
John
Andrew
Thomas
Judas
Simon
Matthew the Tax Collector
Jude
Phillip
Bartholomew
James

Matthias replaced Judas

I did double check my answer, and I listed Jude and Thaddeus separately, but forgot the other James. [I did know Matthias before I checked my answers :]

Betsy Aldrich said...

some would say that though Matthias was chosen to replace Judas, that the disciples actually had jumped the gun... that Paul was actually meant to replace Judas. Interesting. food for thought.