Monday, May 31, 2010

Does the end of "LOST" give a hint of Heaven?

OK, I'll admit that we have been fans of the TV series "LOST". Over the years, we watched almost every week and we both said a collective "What????" after every episode. Even though we were usually confused, we enjoyed it just the same. This past week marked the series finale. I think we may start watching the series over again on video, because we still are confused!!

The one thing that hit me was the very end of the finale show where Jack is led by his father, who appears to be perfectly alive, into the sanctuary of a church. Jack is surprised that there are lots of people in there and then realizes that they are from the island. They are all happy and seem to be very much alive. (even though we know that some of them had died on the island long ago). Then Jack's Dad tells him that they all made a pact in the past to gather at this church after they had died. Since Jack died just moments before on the island, it appears that everyone was waiting for him since after his arrival all of them sat down in the pews. Then they all watch as Jack's Dad opens the doors of the church which lead to a very bright light, presumably "Heaven".

It caused me to think about what it will be like when we get to Heaven. I've been told that I will be greeted by friends and family members and that I will recognize them. Will it be "old home week" like it was for Jack? Will my Dad be there to give me a big hug? I can't be sure until I get there. But one thing is certain, I will meet Jesus my Savior face to face!! I am reminded of the old hymn..."when we all get to Heaven, what a day of rejoicing that will be! When we all see Jesus, we'll sing and shout victory!!"

I can't wait!!!

No comments: