Monday, May 17, 2010

Looking forward to Heaven

Hi everyone! Happy Monday!

I would like to share with you something that the Lord taught me recently. As you probaly know, my Dad went to be with the Lord a little over a year ago. He had worked to restore a 1970 Dodge Challenger for several years before he passed. He went to great lengths to ensure that he used the proper replacement parts and when he was finished it was just beautiful!

In 2008 he found out that Dodge was comming out with a remake of the Challenger. He was so excited! The first year however, the car was only available in a few colors and since the car he had restored was bright red, he was going to wait until 2009 to get one because it was going to be available in Red.

When 2009 finally came, he found out that he had cancer. He still wanted to get the car but when he found out that he only had a short time to live, he decided that it would be more practical to get a new, reliable car that my Mom would like. I felt so bad for him.

Whenever I saw one of those new Challengers, I used to ask God why He took my Dad away. It made me feel sad because he never got to enjoy something that he had been waiting so long for. Then one day as I was passing by a car dealer, I saw a red Challenger, just like he had wanted. I started feeling sad as usual but God reminded me that my Dad is in Heaven with Him! He is perfectly happy! He isn't even thinking about cars or any earthly pleasure.

That totally changed my thinking. I was thinking in an earthly manner and not in an eternal manner. Being in Heaven is the ultimate reward! As Christians, I think we need to be storing up our treasure in Heaven. Afterall, life on earth is temporary but we will be with the Lord for all eternity!!

No comments: