Friday, October 23, 2009

Your Redeemer

I am so thankful. I have been reading through Isaiah lately and it just blesses me every time! I see God calling Himself "your Redeemer" and showering his love and mercy and promises upon the people of Israel. He speaks so tenderly to them and yet reminds them that He is good to them because of His own choice and His own purposes. He is so personal in Isaiah. Plus, you see so many references to the future work of Jesus and it just fills my mind with the Gospel and reminds me of how/why it really is such good news. I think that in Isaiah God reveals Himself and His heart in such a real way, an understandable way. You really feel the nearness of God in this book. So today, I am going to share a passage from Isaiah that is just one of many that are so fantastic and helpful in warming my (too often) cold heart towards worship of our great God and Savior.

Isaiah 44:21-24

"Remember these things, O Jacob, And Israel, for you are My servant; I have formed you, you are My servant, O Israel, you will not be forgotten by Me. "I have wiped out your transgressions like a thick cloud And your sins like a heavy mist. Return to Me, for I have redeemed you."

Shout for joy, O heavens, for the LORD has done it! Shout joyfully, you lower parts of the earth; Break forth into a shout of joy, you mountains, O forest, and every tree in it; For the LORD has redeemed Jacob And in Israel He shows forth His glory.

Thus says the LORD, your Redeemer, and the one who formed you from the womb, "I, the LORD, am the maker of all things, Stretching out the heavens by Myself And spreading out the earth all alone,

No comments: