Monday, October 5, 2009

Eternal Security

 
I've been reading through Ephesians during my daily reading time and I am enjoying it very much!
 
Chapter 1:4-8 and verses 11, 13 and 14, mean alot to me.  Verses 4-8 say: He chose us in Him before the foundation of the world, that we would be holy and blameless before Him.  In love He predestined us to adoption as sons through Jesus Christ to Himself, according to the kind intention of His will, to the praise of the glory of His grace, which He freely bestowed on us in the Beloved.  In Him we have redemptionthrough His blood, the forgiveness of our trespasses, according to the riches of His grace which He lavished on us.  Then in verses 11, 13 and 14 it says: In Him also we have obtained an inheritance, having been predestined according to His purpose who works all things after the counsel of His Will...  (13) ...after listening to the message of truth, the gospel of your salvation--having also believed, you were sealed in Him with the Holy Spirit of promise, (14) who is given as a pledge of our inheritance, with a view to thr redemption of God's own possession, to the praise of His glory.
 
When I read these words I realize that before God created anything, He had already chosen me to be His for His glory.  And because at this time I wasn't even born yet, it proves that a person can never earn his way to Heaven.  God had already chosen me!!!  I am so grateful that God chose me to be His child.  It is all of Him, and nothing of me.
 
Then in verses 11,13 and 14, God says that I have an inheritance and that I am sealed in Him by the Holy Spirit.  In Bible times, kings used to use hot wax and a metal piece imprinted with his special mark, a signet ring, to imprint documents making them official.  Only he could place his seal on something, unless he gave his signet ring to someone he had authorized to act in his place.  If the king's seal was affixed to anything, it was to be followed without question and even if someone could pry off the wax, there is still a trace of the color of the wax on the document showing that it had been sealed so there would never be a decree that wasn't obeyed.  I have a seal similar to that one.  It is the Holy Spirit---God Himself!!!  So, I can be completely sure that I won't be left behind or sent to the wrong place when I die. 
 
Isn't this great news!!  These thoughts cause me to thank and praise the Lord!!  I'm officially His for all eternity!! 

No comments: