Monday, July 6, 2009

God's lovingkindness

I read Psalm 33:22 recently and it meant alot to me.  This verse is:  "Let Your lovingkindness, O Lord, be upon us according as we have hoped in You."
 
This verse stuck out to me that day because I was having a bad day and I was worried about a certain family situation.  I had prayed about it but I realized that I didn't really believe that He would help me.  I felt so bad that I often times call out to Jesus, but in my heart I doubt that He will show me His lovingkindness.  Why had I lost my hope in Jesus? 
 
 I had to go back and remember all of the ways God has taken care of me in the past.  I think about the last few years of physical trials and how He has helped me to endure and perservere.  He provided good health insurance for us and it appears right now that He has healed my leg.
 
I had stopped seeing God's blessings in my life.  I needed to repent of this sin and change my thinking.  I needed to trust that God was working in my life and He indeed did hear my prayer and would help me. 
 
I'm glad that the Lord used this verse to show me sin in my life so I could  repent and change.   

No comments: