Monday, July 13, 2009

God is so good

 

I have to tell you about yesterday.  It was my first official day to walk and I have been anxious to do some things to keep house better than I have been able to.  One thing I could do now was go grocery shopping.  Since we just gotten back from Daniel's, we had very empty shelves and a very empty refrigerator.  I decided to go get groceries myself so Dan wouldn't have to have extra work when he came home.
 
I decided to go to Woodmans.  When I got in the car to leave, I prayed that there would be a handicapped parking spot available for me and also that there would be a motorized cart available for me.  This seemed to me to be a tall order since rarely are handicapped spots available and I have tried to go shopping there in the past and when I got there, all of the motorized carts were either being used or had dead batteries.  I tried to think about how Peter was let out of jail by an angel of the Lord.  He walked right by the guards, his chains just fell off, and doors opened by themselves.  If He can do that, I figured that if He wanted to He would answer my prayer.
 
When I got to the store I was amazed!  There was a parking spot right near the door and it seemed like the entire fleet of motorized carts was just waiting there for me to pick one.  God did answer my prayer and abundantly more than I had imagined.  I was thanking Him and praising Him the entire day.
 
I have been wrestling with praying and then believing that God will answer my prayer.  I know He can, but will He?  In an earlier post I mentioned that I think God answers our prayers based on our believing that He will answer.  Afterall, why would He answer if we really were not even looking for His work in our life? 
 
I plan to start looking at my life differently.  I will be watching for God's work in my life and giving Him praise and thanks for what He does.  In the past, I would attribute all of the bad things in my life to God's doing. And when good things did happen, I figured God was not the culpret.  Now I know better and I understand that God gives and God takes away.  He also delights in giving good gifts to His children.  So, no matter what happens in my life, I know it is from the hand of a loving God. I need to be content no matter what. During trials, I need to look for the good, and during good times I need to give all of the credit to God.

1 comment:

Linda C. said...

Karen,
It has been a joy and an inspiration to watch your walk with the Lord grow and deepen through the trials He has ordained for you. It is through the trials in my life that I have come to know and rejoice in the faithfulness and mercy of our great God. Praise God for His great love and care for us!