Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Noelle


My daughter Noelle just turned 7. I can hardly believe that 7 years have passed since my baby girl was brought into this world. I praise God for every minute.

When she was born we called her Snow White because of her snow white skin and coal black, thick hair. She was alert and aware from the moment she took her first breath outside of the womb. She was just learning to talk when she told me that she wanted to be 'bellious. Her mind was inquisitive from the get go. She was fascinated with words like repentance and worked at learning what it meant and by the time she was two thought she had it down. One day after she was disciplined and I was talking to her, she kept turning her face from me, when I finally asked what she was doing she said she was repenting, turning away from Satan and sin and turning to God! Lol! :)

She has changed and grown much since she was 2. She thinks a little better, she's a reader and writer (she saw my book on 50 essential writing strategies and asked if when I was done reading it, she could borrow it... nerd just like her dad!), and she is much more self-controlled. She went from wanting to be 'bellious, to being sensitive to her sin and spending time in prayer and confession.

I am praying for the Lord to give her a genuine heart change that only He can give. No inquisitive mind can move a person to truly repent. I am thankful that God has given me one little girl to live out my life with, showing what a gracious and compassionate God we serve. I am thankful, and trembling at the same time. Titus 2:3-5 says, " Older women likewise are to be reverent in their behavior, not malicious gossips nor enslaved to much wine, teaching what is good, so that they may encourage young women to love their husbands, to love their children, to be sensible, pure workers at home, kind, being subject to their own husbands, so that the word of God will not be dishonored." I want to honor God and to raise up a little woman who loves God with all her heart, soul, mind and strength. I want her to know that God is her greatest good and He is everything. Maybe it's good I only have one daughter! :) So this is the prayer of my heart:

A little girl who follows me
A careful mom I want to be, A little woman follows me; I do not dare to go astray For fear she'll go the self-same way I cannot once escape her eyes. What e'er she sees me do she tries Like me, she says she's going to be That little girl who follows me. I must remember as I go Through summer suns and winter snows, I am building for the years to be That little girl that follows me.

~author unknown


No comments: