Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Witty Wednesday

Life with my Calvin is never dull. He keeps us laughing on a daily basis, whether he is making goofy faces, making up his own little songs, or imagining weird creatures live with us despite what his sister says. You never know what will come out of his mouth.

A while back he came excitedly out of the bathroom insisting God had spoken to Him while he was doing his business on the toilet. "What did He tell you?" I asked. "He said to obey my mom and dad, love Him and follow Jesus". He was quite pleased with himself and was totally serious. My daughter Noelle on the other hand feeling theologically superior, retorted, "God doesn't speak to you while you are pooping on the toilet, Calvin, He speaks to you through His word!" Do you think Calvin received and considered his sisters correction? Not a chance! He simply put his hands on his hips, gave her one of his goofy looks and said, "Well He speaks to me." And off to the next adventure of the day he went.

I by no means lead a dull life with this guy!

No comments: