Thursday, July 3, 2008

America…



I love America. I love being an American. We are so privileged here in our country! Even the poorest of the poor is rich when compared to most other nations in the world. We have many conveniences at our finger tips and in our homes which many other countries either don’t have or have only on a limited basis. We have police officers, firemen, rescue squad workers, and great hospitals to meet our needs as well as to serve our cities. We have courageous military personnel that are always ready to serve and protect our freedom as well as those who cannot protect themselves. We have a rich heritage that our country was founded upon. We have every opportunity to achieve our dreams in America which can be used to further the gospel and support missionaries as well as local ministries. Or if we so desire, we can be the missionaries, pastors, teachers, servers, etc. that will so make a difference for Christ’s name in this world. We have nothing holding us back except ourselves when it comes to living in the USA. I love it!


What opportunity and hope lies ahead of a child of God in this nation! I can bring up my children freely to follow Jesus and to seek to bring Jesus to this lost and dying generation. I can send them out into this world as carpenter “missionaries”, doctor “missionaries”, school teacher “missionaries”, military “missionaries”, etc. and I know that the harvest is still plentiful, just as it was in Jesus’ time. Even in everyday experiences I see God’s blessings upon this nation and I praise Him that He has put us where we are and called us to minister in the way He has.


Tomorrow we will go to a picnic at our church to celebrate our nation’s freedom. Later we will go down to Lake Michigan and watch the fireworks. I will think of our national anthem and be pleased and proud to be an American. I will think of how our freedom was won by brave men willing to fight for what was right and I will honor them. I will think of how much greater it will be to be a citizen of Heaven. I will thank God for His gracious hand and His wonderful blessings that lead us to think on Him and worship. I hope you will too!

No comments: