Monday, September 20, 2010

Vengance is Mine, says the Lord

Have you ever felt wronged by someone or something? Maybe it was a policy that you felt was unfair? I know I have. Here is a good quote from Jill Briscoe:

"Lord, let me learn to let it bother You, and refuse to let it bother me."

I used to get so upset and mad when these things happened in my life and instead of giving the situation to the Lord, I tried to take care of it myself.

Proverbs 24:12 says "Does He not consider it who weighs the hearts? And does He not know it who keeps your soul? And will He not render to man according to his work? And in Proverbs 20:22 God says "Do not say, 'I will repay evil'; wait for the Lord, and He will save you".

God is aware of everything that goes on in our lives and He tells us in these verses as well as many others that vengeance is His. He will repay.

So, now instead of getting all riled up when I feel that I have been wronged, I remember that God saw what happened and that I need to leave it in His hands. I need to let it bother Him and not let it bother me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you.
I needed to know that He's really listening and hearing my voice as I cry to him for his intervention and help. I know he is. I know i need to remain trusting and have a faithful heart that God will take care of the situation. Please pray for me to learn to let it bother God, and for me to refuse any longer to letting it bother me. That I would truly leave it in God's hand. Thank you.
I'm reading a book by Jill Briscoe right now every night and her husband called Moses takes a road trip for children.
God lead me here tonight.
I needed to find affirmation tonight that God is aware of the situation and was in the midst of it all. Of course I know that but sometimes it seems to take long time for peaceful fruit of righteousness to appear. Thank you again. Sue Wendt