Sunday, September 12, 2010

This morning I awoke with excitement in my heart as I got myself ready for church. I was actually going to sit in the service after 6 whole weeks out. Six blessed weeks of either being in the nursery or teaching Sunday School. It was a good 6 weeks, but I am telling you I missed the fellowship of listening to a sermon with my brothers and sisters and walking among them greeting one another as we leave to gather our little ones. Then, the unthinkable happened! Is that a cough I hear? A sneeze perhaps? Who is blowing their nose!? Ugh! No church for me this fine, sun - shining morn! I battled a brief moment with discontentment. Why now? Why this particular Sunday? Couldn't my daughter (bless her little heart) have just waited until I had been able to listen and fellowship for a week or two before having her own personal hack fest? No, no, it was not possible. Indeed, the nose was running and the cough proceeded vehemently out of her mouth. No fever, no headache or tummy ache, just a good old fashioned cough and cold. Of course ever since the rest of the family left for worship this morning I haven't heard a single hack, sniff, sniff, kerchoo! I am sure the cough and cold meds are doing their fine work.

Now, I cannot wait till Community Group this evening - my life line! The life line of any mother , Sunday School teacher and nursery worker. We get to hear thoughts on the sermon, laugh and cry and care for one another. Oh the bliss of connection with the blood purchased body of Christ. These people feed my soul and are hands and feet and mouth of Jesus to a woman sucked dry. It doesn't take much for my soul to feel parched and ready to be watered with the word and the sweet communion of the saints. Which is why I can't imagine living in my own little corner in my own little world apart from my brothers and sisters at Missio Dei Fellowship. The members of my Community Group, the young woman who comes to help me with school every other Wednesday, the women who put up with me week in and week out as we meet for discipleship and accountability, the friends who pray for us and care for us and sharpen us, my shepherds who lead us and care for our souls. Ah, Body life! Missio Life! The life of a disciple of Jesus Christ- oh Jesus how I thank you for your people. Thank you that we are not by ourselves. Thank you that this young, busy, frantic, helpless, needy mommy has a family. Missio Dei, I love you!

No comments: