Monday, February 8, 2010

A Mighty God

 



I have been reading through Exodus lately.  I have read through it many times before and know the Exodus story pretty well.  This time however, God has shown me His awesome power and holiness.
 
When I think of God, I see Him as a loving Father, Someone that I can pray to when I am in trouble and thank for the blessings He sends into my life.  I often fail to recognize that He is the King of Kings and Lord of Lords.  He is all powerful and I seem to live my life in a way that I fail to think about His greatness and that when I pray I am entering the throne room of the Mighty God. 
 
Throughout Exodus, God clearly displays His power and the Israelites clearly treat Him with respect.  Since God is the same yesterday, today and forever I need to remember how powerful He is.  He holds my very life in His hands.  He is worthy of great respect.
 
I have been convicted that when I come before the Lord in prayer, often times I come in a casual manner.  I need to realize just Who I am talking to.  Not one of my buddies, but the Most Holy God who is sitting on His throne.  I also realize that when I do pray to Him, I often do it without faith that He can or will do something about my circumstances.  After all He has already done for me, I sometimes doubt His ability and willingness to help me with much smaller things.  This must make Him sad.
 
Over the past several years, God has graciously taken care of me and has been very close to me.  Now, when things seem to be better, I don't think so much about those times and I feel like I am saying to God: I can do it myself.  But, I know that I can't do anything myself.  I need the Lord.
 
I am thankful that God has shown me my sin in this area.  I plan to picture myself bowing at the feet of the Most Holy God from now on when I pray.  I look forward to the day when every knee will bow and every tongue confesses that Jesus Christ is Lord and He makes all things right.  Come Lord Jesus!

No comments: