Thursday, February 11, 2010

Cross Centered Life Bookstudy

Good Morning Ladies. I was supposed to start our book study on the Cross Centered Life by C.J. Mahaney today but I have not finished it. For that I apologize. It isn't all bad news, however, as that means that you will all have one more week to track the book down and start reading. And I would highly recommend that you do.

The Cross Centered Life deals mainly with the gospel and the place that it should have in our lives. Mahaney speaks to the common thought that the gospel's only purpose is to get us saved...and then after we have been saved, it is our responsibility to grow into bigger and better things. He encourages believers to live their lives in the gospel, in such a way that it permeates every aspect of our life.

This is an excellent book and I hope that you all are planning to read it with us. We will post our discussion of chapter one next Thursday.

No comments: