Monday, February 15, 2010

God will provide

 

During my recent Bible reading in the Old Testament, I saw something that I had never seen before.  When the Israelites went out of Egypt, they were told by God that they would plunder the Egyptians.  They were to ask people for precious metals and gems and expensive cloth.  Amazingly, the Egyptians willingly gave it to them.  I had always thought that God caused the Egyptians to give all of these costly things to them as a type of restitution.  But later when the Israelites were in the wilderness, God told them to make the tabernacle and the ark of the covenant.  He specified what they were to be made of and I realized that God gave them the riches of Egypt not as restitution, but so that they would have what they would need to build the tabernacle for Him!!
 
I have realized that God, who promises to provide for our needs, will do so no matter what.  He is the Might God of the universe, everything is His.  There is nothing that He can't do.  No matter what our needs are, He can supply them.
 
Many times I stress over how we are going to be able to pay for unexpected repairs or a need.  To me, I can't imagine how it will work out.  But it always has.  God has always supplied what I needed and I should never doubt Him.
 
These are scarry times.  The economy is in the tank and jobs are scarce.  It seems nothing is under control and anything could happen at any moment.  But, as Christians we can bring our needs before the Lord and we can trust that He will take care of us.  That is very comforting to me and I hope it is for you all. 

No comments: