Friday, January 1, 2010

Hello Ladies, happy new year! I cannot believe it is 2010 already; time goes by way too fast. I hope you all enjoyed your new years celebrations.

The beginning of a new year is always a unique time. Many spend time looking over the past year and marveling at how much was able to transpire in such a short time. If you are anything like me, you are astounded at the amount of sin you managed to squeeze in! I am always dumbfounded looking back over a year of selfish, prideful, sinful activity. It is so easy to grow complacent caught up in the moment, in the day to day activities that consume our lives. I sin so much more often than I am even aware of.

This is one of the many reasons that we at the True Women blog have decided to start this year off in a specific and purposeful way. In January, we will focus on prayer. We will feature prayer requests from several of the leaders of our church, book reviews on a couple books dealing with prayer, and several prayer discussions. Remember to check in on the weekends for examples of Scripture to pray through!

In February we will focus on the gospel. Jasmine and I both start off each new year by reading the Cross Centered Life by C.J. Mahaney and so we are going to do an online study of this excellent book. I hope that you are all able to join us! We will be starting this very quickly in February, so make sure and get the book now if you plan to participate. We will also be doing other gospel oriented posts. Any of you who have been reading this blog for any length of time know the importance that we place on the gospel for every day living.

I cannot think of a better way to start a new year than by focusing my mind on the gospel and prayer. Please join us as we prepare to start 2010 off in a God-honoring, Christ exalting way.

For God's glory and our good,

Nichole

1 comment:

Nichole Henry said...

Thanks Steve, I will absolutely check those out!