Tuesday, January 5, 2010

My Family

As I think about the privilege we have a God's children to go before Him and pour out our hearts to Him; I wonder why I withhold so much at times from Him when I struggle. I mean it is not as though He is clueless! I am comforted by the fact that He is a gracious Father who cares for me.

This has been an interesting and tough year in many ways. We have been stripped of our supposed self sufficiency in many ways. We have experienced disappointment and loss; yet have gained much in seeing the God we love at work. And though it has been a painful process at times, we are incredibly grateful for the opportunity to see more of God and be more fully satisfied in Him. We continue to taste His goodness day after day, hour after hour. Our God seems more precious to me all the time.

So, now I will share with you some things you could bring before our sovereign and compassionate Heavenly Father for my family.

  • That we would encourage each other to persevere in faith all the more.
  • Pray that we would serve my grandparents and others around us with the gospel as our motivation.
  • Pray we would continue to see God providing, and that we would be content with where He has us ministry wise, job wise, and health wise.
  • Pray that our great provider would provide Rick with adequate work this year.
  • Pray that Rick will persevere through his school with humility and excellence.
  • Pray that I would fill my role as Rick's helpmate for the sake of the gospel.
  • Pray that Noelle and Jackson will grow in their love for Jesus.
  • Pray for Calvin, Silas and Gabe to repent and turn to Jesus.
  • Lastly, I ask that you pray that we would be kept by God and faithfully serve Missio Dei Fellowship in true humility, love and steadfastness.
Thank you.

1 comment:

myletterstoemily said...

hey jasmine,

i agree with you in all your sweet prayers. may He
grant you peace and strength for your purpose!