Tuesday, April 20, 2010

School At Our House

I thought I'd just give everyone a glimpse of a typical day at my house. Of course I have no picture of discipline, interruptions, and training session with Gabers! :-)















We do a lot of reading. I get to read enjoy good books with them, such as Black Beauty, Swiss
Family Robinson, Pilgrim's Progress and Chronicles of Narnia. They also get to read about baseball, history, nature, and report to me what they have read and learned.









Math is always fun.... not! haha! This is always the subject that reveals hearts all the way around. Many redemptive moments happen in my own life as well as my children's. Thankfully my friend Kendal comes and helps supervise math once a week. That is such a blessing. Of course now my children fight about who Kendal is going to help next time she comes.....





Calvin just loves Phonics! Now he does anyway. He has been the hardest so far to teach to read. But now, he is thriving and I praise God. I just had to keep telling him that he will be able to read God's word all by himself if he reads well.






Noelle working on her verses for the verse marathon coming up this Sunday.







The kids favorite thing since the weather turned nice,
is exploring. They take rulers and pencils and paper and sketch and measure all they observe and then write descriptions . This has really been helping Calvin improve his writing. And they are getting a chance to enjoy God's creation.




I am enjoying watching my kids grow, learn, and play!












1 comment:

Nichole Henry said...

Love the pictures! thanks for sharing :)

my favorite part was noelle memorizing for the verse marathon ;)