Friday, April 10, 2009

A Tasty Recipe...

I was fresh out of ideas this week and so I decided to pass on a recipe that many people have asked me for. (It is not mine... I got if from my sister Charity who got it from an Authentic Mexican cookbook.) However I don't follow the recipe exactly. I add black pepper to taste as well. So here it is for those of you who have asked for the "Black bean avocado salso Recipe"...

Black Bean Avocado Salsa...

1 - 15 oz. can of black beans drained and rinsed
2 - T. finely chopped red or white onion
2 - serrano chiles, minced with seeds
1 - small tomato, seeded and chopped (I prefer roma or those fancy on the vine ones)
1- T. olive oil
1 - T. fresh lime juice
1/2 - t. salt (or to taste)
1 - avocado (Hass is best) neatly diced (NOT MASHED)
2 - T. chopped fresh cilantro

In a bowl mix all of the ingredients, except the avocado and cilantro. Shortly before serving, gently stir in the avocado and cilantro. Adjust seasoning. Serve with tortilla chips, seafood or grilled chicken.

** I usually triple the recipe because everyone loves it... even people who don't like avocado's love this!

1 comment:

Leila said...

Funny, how I recently asked you for this recipe. Thanks for posting it. I think I may have to make some for Easter.