Friday, April 3, 2009

More Reflections on Trusting God...

As we are preparing to move to Louisville, KY to pursue training for ministry, I see how often I struggle to trust in God's timing and His plans. I see how often I foolishly desire to be the one in charge and one doing the leading. I want to know the answers to all of the questions and mysteries about what our future holds and how exactly God will use us... but I am so thankful that God is kind and gracious to remind me of how He is the One who is able to lead and direct us in the best plans for us. I am reminded by the Holy Spirit that He is the One who is good, not me and that I am to wait patiently as He works all things together for our good. So too I am reminded of how my heart attitude should be. I came across this Psalm and I think these verses are so applicable and encouraging and challenging.

Psalm 123:1-2

To You I lift up my eyes, O You who are enthroned in the heavens!
Behold, as the eyes of servants look to the hand of their master,
As the eyes of a maid to the hand of her mistress,
So our eyes look to the Lord our God, Until He is gracious to us.


I wish that I were so filled with a singular vision for the person and works of God that I lived with this type of faith daily. May we all look to God with faith and hope.

No comments: