Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Psalm 42

Today as I went to the Psalms to pray, Psalm 42 is the one that spoke what my soul was longing to say. I fall so short in my desires and longings for God alone. I pray that the Spirit would ignite my heart daily and fan the flame continually by the fire of His word and as I meditate upon the work done on my behalf through His Son Jesus. I couldn't help but pray for the Lord to breathe life into my children and cause them to have deep longings for Him alone. Then, my thoughts were taken to my beloved church- the people I fellowship with and know are hurting and struggling. Then to those that I love who have no hope because they have no desire for Jesus. Oh, that they would long for Him and drink deeply from the Living Waters so that they would hunger and thirst no more.


Psalm 42
1As the deer pants for the water brooks,
So my soul pants for You, O God.
2My soul thirsts for God, for the living God;
When shall I come and appear before God?
3My tears have been my food day and night,
While they say to me all day long, "Where is your God?"
4These things I remember and I pour out my soul within me
For I used to go along with the throng and lead them in procession to the house of God,
With the voice of joy and thanksgiving, a multitude keeping festival.
5Why are you in despair, O my soul?
And why have you become disturbed within me?
Hope in God, for I shall again praise Him
For the help of His presence.
6O my God, my soul is in despair within me;
Therefore I remember You from the land of the Jordan
And the peaks of Hermon, from Mount Mizar.
7Deep calls to deep at the sound of Your waterfalls;
All Your breakers and Your waves have rolled over me.
8The LORD will command His lovingkindness in the daytime;
And His song will be with me in the night,
A prayer to the God of my life.
9I will say to God my rock, "Why have You forgotten me?
Why do I go mourning because of the oppression of the enemy?"
10As a shattering of my bones, my adversaries revile me,
While they say to me all day long, "Where is your God?"
11Why are you in despair, O my soul?
And why have you become disturbed within me?
Hope in God, for I shall yet praise Him,
The help of my countenance and my God.

No comments: