Thursday, September 17, 2009

TBC to Missio Dei

Last week our Church officially became Missio Dei Fellowship.

I wanted to commemorate in some small way the Church that we were for many, many years. If you would like to read that go here.

My thoughts and opinions are nothing significant, but I love the people here at this church and I want them to know that whatever you feel, you are not forgotten. Certainly not by our LORD who is the only one who counts. I personally want to thank Old Temple people for their years of faithfulness, their persevering spirit, and their abiding love for the Savior. Please continue to persevere and follow the savior. Do not be discouraged or lose hope. I beg you to come alongside the young as you have me and entrust your service to Him who sees the heart and what is done in secret. I beg you to trust and come alongside our elders who I know love God and His people and are reasonable, trustworthy men.
There are so many of you I did not mention in my post, because there is an overwhelming number of you who have fought, loved, lost, cried, and served through much here at this church. May the Lord bless you, comfort you, strengthen you, and fit you for His Kingdom.

I also want to thank Pastor Matt for reminding us as a body what we are to be and the things we can never change as we are now in a season of change as a church. It was timely and thought provoking. For those who missed it, I highly recommend listening to it on Sermon Audio.

No comments: